Sunday, March 29, 2009

Woe Is Me

Being sidelined sucks. I did almost nothing Saturday. I was up past 1:00 AM working Friday night, but got a decent sleep. I got up at 8:30 and scrambled to get the rest of my work done before noon. Once that was done, I went to watch a local rugby game. A few hours of standing made my back ache as if I was out on the field getting knocked around. I paced around at about a whopping 600 steps an hour, and that is about all I did on Saturday.
In my 9 hours of being up, I averaged 1.81 METs. Putting me well under my target activity level and therefor target calories.

Why Only 9 Hours With Activity?
I got up at a decent time for a Saturday, 8:30; but after standing up watching a few hours of rugby, I came home sore and not wanting to do anything. I watched a bit of TV, then forced myself to get up and do something. I worked around the house for about an hour, but then laid back down and quickly fell asleep. This was at 6:00 PM. I woke up around 10:00 PM but didn't really feel like getting up and doing anything. So I watched some TV till I fell back asleep, pretty intermittently till I woke up for about an hour at 7:00 AM then on and off till about 9:30.

I got over 10 hours of sleep over a 15.5 hour period. So Saturday I was up only 9 hours, and now it is late Sunday night, but I am not tired and need to get up at 5:30 Mondy morning. In my last post about sleep, I mentioned getting more consistent. I utterly failed this weekend, and hope it doesn't take me too long to recover. The only good thing is that it won't hurt my traing since I am taking some time off to heal my back and hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment